Aston Martin Today –
Born in England, Aston Martin is a British manufacturer for luxury sports cars located in Gaydon, Warwickshire. The name is derived from one of the founders, Lionel Martin and from Aston Hill speed Hill climb based in Aston Clinton, Buckinghamshire. The manufacturer’s production line up is small, but it is high specialized in sports cars. The brand has made an incredible name in the automotive industries and is popularly known for road hugging machinery, top of the line and purveyor for the sleek sports cars. Aston Martin has witnessed many changes in its long history by seeing some good and bad times. But the fact is that it has received more strength after going through the tough days. The maker is passionate about sports cars and hence they make great cars. All sport cars built by them tend towards high technology covered in modern environment. Aston Martin combines with the three significant elements - soul, beauty and power.
There are various models introduced by Aston Martin and they have enjoyed huge success, few with improvements and some got defunct. The current models are V8 Vantage, V8 Vantage Roadster, V12 Vantage, Aston Martin DB9 & DB9 Volante, Aston Martin DBS V12 & DBS Volante, Rapide and Virage. Recently, the automaker has marked its way to India by offering various dealerships by introducing 10 models except Cygnet.
Sales figures of Aston Martin showed a drop from 1,183 in 2009 to 1,080 in 2010. We hope to see increased in numbers for the sales figures in 2011. Aston Martin is expecting a lot from its new models that includes Aston Cygnet, Aston DB9, Aston DBS, Aston Rapide and Aston Martin Vantage. Aston Martins car models are truly unique from many years and still will be the same for many years.
Aston Martin History –
It all started in the year 1913 when two childhood buddies were riding on cycles on hill climbs, where they decided for business activities. The two founders Lionel Martin and Robert Bamford started selling Singer automobiles in the start, which were made up of handy mechanics. Lionel was a talented driver, who frequently visits the sport race held near the Hill Hillclimb in Aston Clinton. Aston Martin was born in 1914 based in Gaydon, Warwickshire.
Initially the Aston Martin was known majorly in racing circles. By 1920, the brand enters first in the market by participating in the “French Grand Prix”. They also participated in Le Mans 24 hour race. The company saw many difficulties during the 1920s and 1930s and underwent various changes in the ownerships. Following are details about the ongoing ownership of the Aston Martin.
· In 1915, the first Aston Martin model roll out from garage
· In 1946 it was owned by David Brown
· 1972 owned by Company Developments
· 1975 owned by Peter Sprague and George Minden
· 1981 owned by Chevrolet Industrial
· 1983 owned by Peter Livanos and Victor Gauntlett
· 1986 Ford buys 75% stake in Aston Martin
· 1993 Ford buys entire Aston Martin
· In 1995, the company made a record of 700 sales units
· 1998 DB7 model reached to 2,000 units
· 1999-2001, the company introduced V12 engine in Aston Martin Vanquish
· In 2003, Aston Martin introduced AMV8 Vantage concept car at the North American International Show in Detroit, Michigan
· 2005 brought some changes
· In 2007 a new era begins led by Prodrive chairman David Richards who purchased Aston Martin for $848 million
· 2009, the Aston Martin enter the Le Mans 24 Hours race
· In 2010, first four door Aston Martin Rapide sports cars enter from the Magna Steyr factory in Graz, Austria
First time in the history, the Aston Martin received consistent profits in the product line up for the models that included DB9, the Vantage V8 and Vanquish. Fords continuous efforts helped Aston Martin to create a huge space in the market. Aston Martin has gone from being a small company building to handfuls of sports cars and is playing pretty excellent role in the automotive industry.